Safe Use of Calendar Clock
Introduction and objective
Calendar Clock offers the possibility to connect super easily with people with cognitive dysfunction, people with
dementia and frail elderly. The simplicity of Calendar Clock does require additional measures to ensure the
privacy of all those involved around the people. On the one hand, this document contains information about how
Calendar Clock deals with data protection and privacy and, on the other hand, it provides instructions to all
those involved with regard to the use of Calendar Clock.
For any questions or suggestions about safe usage of Calendar Clock, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
document. Reference is made to www.calendarclock.app.
In summary, we do it as follows:
- We do not process more personal data than strictly necessary. We handle this very carefully in order to
continue to serve you as a User as well as possible.
- Personal data will not be provided to third parties, unless necessary for the execution of the agreement
or to comply with a legal obligation, and will not be kept longer than necessary.
Users have the following rights:
- right to information about what data we have about you and how it is used: you can always get further
explanation about this
- right to rectification: if your data is incorrect, you may ask us to correct it
- right to be “forgotten”: you can request that we remove your data from our systems
- right to object: you may object to the use of your data other than intended for the Calendar Clock Apps.
Privacy of users and data subjects
Each User enters into an agreement with Calendar Clock in which reference is made to our Terms and
Conditions. The section “Secrecy, privacy and data protection” explicitly discusses privacy.
The following sentence is important in this context: “The Calendar Clock Apps can give its Users significant
control through easy insight into the daily situation of the vulnerable involved by the device on which Calendar
Clock Apps are installed. It is expressly pointed out to the Customer that the low threshold of the product also
entails risks. In this context, reference is made to the document “Safe Use of Calendar
Clock”. By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, the Customer confirms that it is aware of these risks,
that it uses the "Safe Use of Calendar Clock" document and that it adequately organizes,
implements, adjusts and supervises the organization around the use of the Calendar Clock Apps. keeps details of
use, as well as informs all internal and external stakeholders around the vulnerable about the operation and
risks of the product.”
Special points of attention regarding the use of the Calendar Clock Apps
Calendar Clock attaches great importance to respecting everyone's privacy. That is why it is important that every
person involved participates in guaranteeing everyone's privacy. Everyone should always keep in mind that the
Calendar Clock Apps can work with a camera and microphone. The following special points for attention are
User of Calendar Clock User App:
- Agree with Users of the Calendar Clock Administrator App what happens when Calendar Clock is going to be
used; try to get a good feeling of what this User thinks of the accessibility of video calls; take your time
- In consultation with this User, schedule the favorite video call times during the day or during the week.
- Try to discuss the video calling experience with this User.
- Avoid intimacy towards the camera: if necessary, turn the camera away or switch off the device.
- Be aware that if the Calendar Clock User App is open, the camera and microphone may be active.
- If Users of the Calendar Clock Administrator App fail to honor appointments, notify them and, if necessary,
remove the Calendar Clock User App to deny these Users access to your camera and microphone.
- Always inform all visitors/family members who are (or may be) present in the room where Calendar Clock User
App is used; this can be done by a sticker or a sign on the (front) door of the room or apartment.
- Indicate to others which demarcated area is visible when making video calls.
- Indicate to others that the ringtone can be heard very clearly several times before the video call
connection is established.
Users of the Calendar Clock Administrator App
- Any User with login credentials of a Calendar Clock User App can use the Calendar Clock Administrator App;
diligence in providing personal login details is the basis for security, including privacy.
- Point the camera of the Calendar Clock User App device at a defined angle; if possible, avoid having the
entire room visible to video callers.
- Think carefully about who is given permission to make video calls; try to only give access to people who are
familiar with the home situation of the User of the Calendar Clock User App.
- Limit the number of people who can make video calls: too many video calls can cause unrest for the User of
the Calendar Clock User App.
- Make agreements with each video caller about the video call time and frequency; If necessary, schedule these
moments via the Calendar Clock agenda.
- Hang up if it is clear that the User of the Calendar Clock User App is not in the picture when making video
calls and/or the vulnerable person does not realize that the video call function is active.